Parents/Employees: Need to report a positive COVID-19 test result to your child's school or your worksite after hours? Please call (772) 260-8071 for assistance.
In keeping with its mission of educating all students for success, the Martin County School District will follow designated guiding principles, objectives and risk mitigation strategies when implementing educational options for students in the 2020-2021 school year. Please click play below to learn more.
First responders from Martin County Fire Rescue, the Martin County Sheriff's Office and the City of Stuart Police Department demonstrate the importance of "gearing up" to prevent the spread of illness. Click play below to watch.
Estudiantes y padres: haga clic en Reproducir a continuación para obtener más información sobre qué esperar al participar en el aprendizaje remoto.
Guiding Principles for School Operations
- Partnership and Transparency – Communication and collaboration with local healthcare professionals, parents and staff is key.
- Public Health and Safety – Our greatest resources are our people. The safety of students and employees is our top priority.
- Flexibility – We are committed to flexibility as we respond to changing public health data and expectations.
- Achievement – We will continue educating all students for success (increasing student achievement while closing achievement gaps).
- Safely provide high-quality educational opportunities for all students in Martin County.
- Ensure students are able to be present in school to the greatest extent possible while maintaining the safety of students and staff.
- Ensure access to digital instruction opportunities for all students.
- Provide parent choice of instructional programming options.
- Establish school and district operational procedures and protocol within a COVID-19 response.
- Identify and plan for unexpected contingencies (i.e. hurricanes and/or a second wave of COVID-19).
- Identify new policies or amendments to policies that may be needed.
K-12 Education Pandemic Response Team
The purpose of the District's K-12 Pandemic Response Team is to advise the Superintendent and School Board on the safe reopening and continued operation of schools during a global pandemic.
The following options for learning are available to students enrolled in the Martin County School District:
Option 1: Traditional (In School) Learning
Option 2: Remote Learning
Want to learn more? Please click here to access frequently asked questions.
Any parent/guardian needing assistance or more information about learning options may contact their child's school directly or email MCSDReopening@martinschools.org.