2020 Retiree Medicare Enrollment Information
THIS MESSAGE APPLIES ONLY TO MCSD RETIREES AGE 65 OR OLDER, OR ON MEDICARE EARLY, PLEASE READ!
On November 20th, the MCSD Benefits Department will be sending out their Medicare mailing to all retirees age 65 and older or on Medicare early. Retirees currently on the Cigna Supplement Plan F may continue to remain on this plan with no plan or rate changes. Retirees currently on the Florida Blue Medicare Advantage plan will have a small rate increase and a minor change in the catastrophic Rx copayment. Retirees currently enrolled in the Florida Blue HMO 47 or PPO 117 plans make change to a Medicare plan at this time for an effective date of 1/1/20. The MCSD Medicare Open Enrollment begins November 25th and ends on December 6th, 2019. Individual appointments are available for those retirees who are currently enrolled in the Florida Blue HMO 47 or PPO 117 plans. Contact the MCSD Benefits Department at 772-219-1200 ext. 30206 or 30478. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
THIS MESSAGE DOES NOT APPLY TO MCSD RETIREES UNDER THE AGE 65 & NOT ON MEDICARE EARLY!
Welcome to the Retirees website. We have compiled information about benefits available to you as a retiree of the Martin County School District throughout this website.
- Medical – The District provides subsidized medical insurance coverage to retirees with a minimum of 15 years of service with the District. We offer many options and are confident you will find a plan that meets your needs and budget.
- Dental – The District offers three dental plans to retirees. These plans are not subsidized by the District and we are confident you will find a plan that meets your requirements. The BlueDental Care Prepaid plan is only available in the state of Florida.
- Vision – The District has one vision plan offered to retirees. This plan has a national network with in and out of network services available to retirees. Additional vision benefits are available under the District’s non-Medicare medical plans (HMO 47, PPO 117 & HDHP w/HSA).
- Term Life – The District offers retiree basic term life insurance in the amount of $35,000 to all non-administrative retirees and retiree basic term life insurance in the amount of two times the retirees’ annual salary, at the time of retirement, up to $75,000 for administrative retirees.
- Supplemental Life – The District offers supplemental retiree life insurance, only if the retiree was enrolled in supplemental life as an active employee, upon The amount offered by the District is $5,000.