Welcome to the Retirees website. We have compiled information about benefits available to you as a retiree of the Martin County School District throughout this website.
- Medical – The District provides subsidized medical insurance coverage to retirees with a minimum of 15 years of service with the District. We offer many options and are confident you will find a plan that meets your needs and budget.
- Dental – The District offers three dental plans to retirees. These plans are not subsidized by the District and we are confident you will find a plan that meets your requirements. The BlueDental Care Prepaid plan is only available in the state of Florida.
- Vision – The District has one vision plan offered to retirees. This plan has a national network with in and out of network services available to retirees. Additional vision benefits are available under the District’s non-Medicare medical plans (HMO 47, PPO 117 & HDHP w/HSA).
- Term Life – The District offers retiree basic term life insurance in the amount of $35,000 to all non-administrative retirees and retiree basic term life insurance in the amount of two times the retirees’ annual salary, at the time of retirement, up to $75,000 for administrative retirees.
- Supplemental Life – The District offers supplemental retiree life insurance, only if the retiree was enrolled in supplemental life as an active employee, upon The amount offered by the District is $5,000.