Art teachers worked with Sarah Rodriguez, "Home in a Sunken Treasure" author\illustrator
Teachers of the Year
Congratulations to several art teachers who are the "Teacher of the Year" at their respective schools! They were in the running for the Martin County Teacher of the Year (2018-2019).
- Anita Caswell (Chorus teacher, Murray Middle School)
- John Egan (Band teacher, Dr. David L. Anderson Middle School)
- Amanda Jones (Art teacher, Martin County High School)
- Ashley Monks (Art teacher, Indiantown Middle School)
Art in the Capitol
Congratulations to Abigale Stachowski (Hidden Oaks Middle School) who won the SY2018-2019 competition. Abigale presented her artwork to Representative Overdorf, who will display the artwork in the State Capitol during the upcoming legislative session.
Caring Children Clothing Children (4Cs) Mural Project
Through a collaborative project with 4Cs, Shelby Power's art students (South Fork High School) designed and painted a mural for the children's clothing store in Stuart. Shelby and her students worked over the Thanksgiving's break to bring the project to fruition.
Special thanks to our art teachers for engaging their students in humanitarin efforts and geopolitics!
Columbian Memory Project (Martha Saum, Palm City Elementary)
Haitian Memory Project (Amanda Jones, Martin County High School)
Syrian Memory Project (Amanda Jones, Martin County High School)
Kids Tag Art Project
Karen Haines (Jensen Beach Elementary), Traci Hochstetter (Pinewood Elementary), Ashley Monks (Indiantown Middle School), Martha Saum (Palm City Elementary), and John Schoon (Citrus Grove Elementary) worked with grade 5 art students to create—and subsequently submit—artwork for the “Kids Tag Art” program sponsored by the Martin County Tax Collector Office. The artwork is being made into fobs and tags that can be purchased, with all proceeds being returned to schools. Although winners have been recognized at each school, there will be an awards ceremony in January. View all artwork and order your tags at www.mckta.com
- Christen Bell, Principal's Award, PCE
- Jenna Costa, Principal's Award, PWE
- Chloe Fender, Principal's Award, JBE
- Sophia Ferris, Tax Collector's Award, JBE
- Natalie Gordillo, Principal's Award, IMS
- Marin Gozdz, Award of Distinction, JBE
- Nicole Licht, Principal's Award, CGE
- Michael Mikati, "Catch of the Day" Award, PWE
- Liam Price, "Life is Better by the Water" Award, PWE
- Kyle Woodberry, "Behind the Badge" Award, CGE
Stuart Mural Project
Through a collaborative project with the City of Stuart, Bryan Johnson's and Amanda Jones' art students (Martin County High School) are painting The History of Martin County mural, which is showcased on the Prescription Shop’s north-facing wall in downtown Stuart. The project continues through December, with a ribbon-cutting ceremony planned for January.