-Welcome to Science Lab where science is fun, yet understood as a very important component of our everyday lives. Science matters because understanding science all around us enriches our compassion for our plants, animals, our planet Earth, and mother nature. It's intriguiing and sometimes magical. We love learning about Florida's native plants and animals and our environment. We love exploring, asking questions, investigating, and asking more questions to learn everything we can about the world we live in. We are working hard to learn more everyday to reduce, recycle, and reuse as we become a GREEN School.
If you would like to be involved with our Green School effort, please contact Mrs. Florio at 772-219-1610 ext. 179 or email@example.com.
Green Apple Generation Green Awards:
Green Apple Generation Green Awards were held on February 25, 2017 at Jensen Beach Elementary. Port Salerno Elementary took center stage with awards in several categories!
- 1st Place Green School
- 2nd Place Green Club/Organization
- 2nd Place Recycled Art Project
- Honorable Mention Green School Student - Daphne Dalton
Thank you to all that helped make this possible!
PSE works toward Green School Recognition:
The Green Schools Recognition Program recognizes public and private schools in Palm Beach and Martin Counties that enourage cultures of sustainability within their school environments. This program recognizes K-12 schools that have made strides in :
- School grounds enhancements that encourage the use of the grounds as a learning environment and enhanc the area's ecological integrity.
- Enhancing school sustainability through the conservation of energy, water, solid waste, green fundraisers, health and wellness initiatives, and encouraging green transportation.
- Integrating curriculum that will prepare students to understand the act on current and future environmental challenges facing South Florida.
- Involvement with the community that fosters partnerships within the school building and with local organizations in an effort to create an awareness of environmental issues between the school and the community.
- Administrative support through active professional development and creation of a school philosophy and culture that embraces sustainability.
2017 Elementary School Science Fair Winner:
Congratulations to PSE's Alana Moore for winning Outstanding Jr. Science Investigation! Way to go Alana!!!
All kinds of fun science experiments to try.Learn all about Renewable and Nonrewable Energy here.