Kindergarten Registration for the 2019-2020 School Year to Begin March 18, 2019
Kindergarten registration for the 2019-2020 school year in the Martin County School District begins next month. Parents and guardians of children who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2019 should register with the elementary school in their attendance zone starting March 18, 2019. Parents and guardians should contact the individual schools directly for details on registration times. By registering early, parents and guardians help the schools in their planning for the correct number of classes and teachers.
Important kindergarten registration reminders:
All medical information must be current. Parents and guardians should plan ahead since physicians’ offices become very busy just prior to the start of the school year.
To register, parents and guardians need to bring:
- The child's original birth certificate or other lawful evidence of date of birth (Section 1003.21(4), Florida Statutes).
- Two (2) proofs of residency indicating the address at which the student resides with his/her parent(s) or legal guardian are required to register a student. Examples of acceptable documents are as follows, and all sources of evidence must coincide: current utility bill with service address indicated, State of Florida driver’s license, current year property tax bill, lease agreement with name of tenant, landlord, and contact information for all parties, home purchase contract including closing date and a copy of property deed to be provided in thirty (30) days.
- A current physical examination on Form #3040. To be valid, the physical must have been completed within a year of school entry date and signed by a licensed physician.
- A Florida Certificate of Immunization Record (Form #680) completed by a physician or the Martin County Health Department. Please see immunization requirements below:
All kindergarten students are required to have the following immunizations:
- Five doses of Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis Vaccine (four if last dose was on or after the fourth birthday)
- Four doses of Polio Vaccine (three doses if the last dose was on or after the fourth birthday. If the fourth dose was given before the fourth birthday, a fifth dose is required for entry into kindergarten).
- Two doses of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Vaccine
- Three doses of Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Two doses of the Varicella Vaccine (if the child has not had the chicken pox)
For a map of attendance zones and school locations, please click here.
Informative flyers for parents are available here.