Message from Mr. Blavatt
· Monday will be an “A” day
· School officially begins with first period at 8:20am and ends at 3:00pm
· Be aware of the significant road construction surrounding our school on Kanner Hwy and Pratt Whitney. Expect delays and plan to leave your house early. Road construction is NOT an acceptable reason for tardiness.
· Breakfast is served each morning beginning at 8:00am as buses arrive
· Students should check FOCUS to identify their class schedule, when the day begins all students will go to their 01A class in order to receive a printed copy of their class schedule
· Our SFHS enrollment is higher than ever and most of our academic and elective classes are at capacity. Students requesting a change must see their counselor and may be placed on a waiting list. Schedules will be adjusted over the week and the guidance office will accept change request forms from students before/after school and during lunches. We appreciate your patience as the Counselors work through the requests and new student enrollments. Friday 8/16 is students last day to request a course change.
· Students riding MCSD buses are encouraged to arrive at their bus stop up to 15 minutes early; take a picture or note the bus number and driver for easier access at the end of the school day.
· Distribution of Student ID’s will continue the first weeks of school. Students with lanyards and ID’s from last year are encouraged to wear them until a new ID is issued. Students will not be penalized until all ID’s are distributed.
· Dress Code compliant clothing is expected on the first day for all students. For more details about what is acceptable, please refer to our website.
· For quicker updates, please download the MCSD app for your device. All website updates will create an alert for you and your students.
· Finally, please check us out on twitter, Instragram and Facebook. @wearesouthfork