Thank you for keeping your child engaged in books and excited about reading during Summer Break!
Because you are a very important member of your child's educational support team, we are reaching out to remind you that your child can use Accelerated Reader - our independent practice program - at home.
The Martin County School District uses Accelerated Reader to help promote and encourage reading. This platform allows us to:
- Make essential reading practice more effective and engaging for every student.
- Tailor reading practice to each student’s current level.
- Manage all reading activities.
- Cultivate a lifelong love of reading and learning in our students.
Here are a few quick tips to help encourage your child to read at home and share in their experiences:
- Set aside time each day for your child to read.
- Find a special, quiet space where your child can get comfortable for reading.
- Take turns reading to your child and allowing your child to read to you.
- Spend time with your child talking about the books they are reading.
- Help your child set reading goals and celebrate what they have accomplished.
To acknowledge students' accomplishments, the District will recognize students who earn 10 or more points in Accelerated Reader during the month of June. Rewards will be issued by your child's school. Students may participate in this contest by signing in to ClassLink with their District credentials and clicking the "MCSD Reads" icon.
Thank you for your support and commitment to your child's success. We wish you and your family a safe, relaxing Summer Break full of wonderful reading experiences!
Your Partner in Education,