The Florida Department of Education's release of 2021-2022 school and district grades earlier today revealed several points of pride and areas of continued focus for the Martin County School District (MCSD).
Results indicate that MCSD was just three points shy of earning an "A" rating in the state accountability system. MCSD did earn the highest percentage of "A" schools on the Treasure Coast and ranked 26th out of 67 Florida school districts in overall performance last school year. The District had no failing schools.
"We remain committed to pursuing our mission of educating all students for success and will absolutely continue to make progress on ensuring positive outcomes for all students," said Superintendent John D. Millay, Ph.D. "As we have continued to recover from the effects of the pandemic, we've identified many areas that require our increased focus and support. Plans for improvement across all areas continue to be implemented and executed, and great strides are already being made. I appreciate our employees, families and community for their continued engagement and commitment to student success."
Five schools ranked among the top 25% of similar schools in the state:
- Bessey Creek Elementary School (ranked in the top 6>#/b### of all elementary schools)
- Jensen Beach Elementary School (ranked in the top 14>#/b### of all elementary schools)
- Palm City Elementary School (ranked in the top 21>#/b### of all elementary schools)
- Hidden Oaks Middle School (ranked in the top 15>#/b### of all middle schools)
- Jensen Beach High School (ranked in the top 22>#/b### of all high schools)
MCSD ranked sixth in the state for social studies achievement.
Based on the recent release of FLDOE Spring 2022 assessment results, MCSD is ranked among the top 15 school districts in the state in the following categories:
- Civics Proficiency (5th)
- English Language Arts (ELA) - Grade 10 (tied for 8th)
- Mathematics - Grade 7 (tied for 11th)
- Social Studies Achievement (6th)
Based on the recent release of FLDOE Spring 2022 assessment results, MCSD is ranked as the top-performing school district on the Treasure Coast in the following categories :
- Grade 7 Mathematics
- Grade 7 English Language Arts (ELA)
- Grade 8 Mathematics
- Grade 8 ELA
- Grade 9 ELA
- Grade 10 ELA
- US History
*Treasure Coast is defined as Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee and St. Lucie counties.
To learn more about school grades and the state accountability system, please click here to visit the Florida Department of Education's website.