Thank you for keeping your child engaged in books and excited about reading this Spring Break!
Because you are a very important member of your child's educational support team, we are reaching out to remind you that your child can use Accelerated Reader - our independent practice program - at home!
The Martin County School District uses Accelerated Reader to help promote and encourage reading. This platform allows us to:
- Make essential reading practice more effective and engaging for every student.
- Tailor reading practice to each student’s current level.
- Manage all reading activities.
- Cultivate a lifelong love of reading and learning in our students.
Here are a few quick tips to help encourage your child to read at home and share in their experiences:
- Set aside time each day for your child to read.
- Find a special, quiet space where your child can get comfortable for reading.
- Take turns reading to your child and allowing your child to read to you.
- Spend time with your child talking about the books they are reading.
- Help your child set reading goals and celebrate what they have accomplished.
Thank you for your support and commitment to your child's success. We wish you and your family a safe, relaxing Spring Break full of wonderful reading experiences!
Your Partner in Education,