The Martin County School District held its fourth annual Middle School Spelling Bee on December 7, 2021. Mr. Jeff Bolbach, Coordinator of Exceptional Student Education, and Ms. Debra Stull, Coordinator of Title I/ESOL, served as judges in this year’s competition. Ms. Ely Parsons, who previously served as the District’s Coordinator of College & Career Readiness prior to her retirement, was the enunciator for the Bee.
Ten outstanding spellers from each of the District's five middle schools participated in ten rounds of competition via Zoom, tackling the spelling of words such as "invertebrate," "bravado," cerebellum,” “preposterous,” and “demonstrable." The winning word was "subconscious."
Congratulations to the following winners:
- Nina Goyal - First Place - Hidden Oaks Middle School
- Bella Valade - Second Place – Hidden Oaks Middle School
- Aiden Smart - Third Place – Stuart Middle School
- Yesenia Mercado-Calderon - Fourth Place – Stuart Middle School
- Lucas Orellana - Fifth Place - Dr. David L. Anderson Middle School