Two Jensen Beach High School seniors and three South Fork High School seniors have been named semifinalists in the 2023 National Merit Scholarship Program. The National Merit Scholarship Program is a renowned academic competition for recognition and scholarships that began in 1955.
This year’s competition began in October 2021 when more than 1.5 million juniors in approximately 21,000 high schools took the PSAT/NMSQT, which served as an initial screen of program entrants. The highest-scoring participants in each state, representing less than one percent of our nation’s high school seniors, were named semifinalists on a state-representational basis. Finalists will be announced in the spring of 2023. Congratulations to the following seniors:
- Cole Andre - Jensen Beach High School
- Kavanaugh Brill - Jensen Beach High School
- Cary Bryan - South Fork High School
- Ty Martino - South Fork High School
- Hailey Resetar - South Fork High School