More than 120 middle and high school students in Martin County competed in the Martin County Regional Secondary STEM Fair (MCRSEF) on Jan. 28, 2023.
This year's Science and Engineering Fair was the largest yet, with triple the amount of students competing compared to last year. Students displayed projects in categories such as Plant Sciences, Biomedical and Health Sciences, Mathematics and Computational Sciences, and Engineering.
Participants also competed for several awards, including NASA Earth System Science Award, National Geographic Award, and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Award.
Students won more than $1,000 worth of awards and prizes, and every participant went home with two tickets to the 2023 Stuart Air Show!
Martin County School District students from Dr. David L. Anderson Middle, Hidden Oaks Middle, Murray Middle, Stuart Middle, Martin County High and South Fork High came home with awards.
Congratulations to the following Martin County School District students will be heading to the State Finals in April:
· Najah Karake and Rui Lin, Dr. David L. Anderson Middle School
· Aahan Asthana, Stuart Middle School
· Nina Goyal, Hidden Oaks Middle School
· Elliana Lovatt, Stuart Middle School
· Isabella Calhoun, Martin County High School
· Varun Singh, South Fork High School
· Arnav Parmar, South Fork High School
· Nira Goyal, Martin County High School
Congratulations to all Martin County School District scientists and engineers who participated in the Martin County Regional Secondary STEM Fair!