Twenty-eight outstanding employees were honored during the Martin County School District's annual School-Related Employee of the Year Ceremony on Nov. 29, 2022. The event was held at the Stuart Corinthian Yacht Club in Stuart, Florida.
Part of the Florida Department of Education's (FLDOE) collection of employee appreciation programs, the School-Related Employee of the Year program recognizes outstanding educational support personnel for the significant contributions they make to their schools or departments.
Ms. Tina Jensen, the Field Supervisor for the Food & Nutrition Services Department, was named the District's overall School-Related Employee of the Year. A valued member of the FNS Department for 17 years, Ms. Jensen is known for her reliability, efficiency and caring demeanor toward her coworkers. Her name will be submitted to the Florida Department of Education for consideration in the state-level recognition program.
"Tina knows almost all our 160 plus employees by name and is able to find their strengths," said Laura Holmedal, Director of Food & Nutrition Services. "Knowing this, she has crafted great teams that work well in our kitchens. Where there are deficiencies, Tina visits the school sites to offer training and utilizes her past experiences to offer advice and best practices."
"Tina is the first person to roll up her sleeves and pitch in until the job is done," FNS Program Operations Manager Yvonne Potsko said. "Her priority is getting the students fed a healthy meal so that they are ready to succeed in the classroom."
"I am grateful for you your dedication, your unique skill set and the energy you bring into your specific role each day," Deputy Superintendent Michael Maine said. “Each of our School-Related Employees of the Year is appreciated beyond measure for their role in helping us achieve our District's mission of educating all students for success.”
Congratulations to the following 2022-2023 School-Related Employee of the Year site-level award winners:
- Chad Samuels, FNS Manager- Bessey Creek Elementary
- Doreen E Petit, Classroom Managers Assistant- Citrus Grove Elementary
- Jonathan Sequeira, Plant Operator- Crystal Lake Elementary
- Walnide Fabre, Licensed Practical Nurse- Felix A. Williams Elementary
- Denzil Malott, Custodian- Hobe Sound Elementary
- Teresa Alonso, Secretary- J.D. Parker Elementary
- Lindsey Fischer, Extended Day Manager- Jensen Beach Elementary
- Susan Kosinski, Secretary- Palm City Elementary
- Sopheat Ring, Paraprofessional ESE- Pinewood Elementary
- Jordan Hernandez, Plant Operator- Port Salerno Elementary
- Nicole Nascimento, Paraprofessional ESE- SeaWind Elementary
- Juana Pablo, Paraprofessional ELL- Warfield Elementary
- Angeles Seijas Sanchez, Support Staff- Dr. David L. Anderson Middle
- Carmen Shakoor, Clerk- Hidden Oaks Middle
- Fred Peterson, Plant Operator- Indiantown Middle
- Carolina Shipp, Home/School Liaison- Murray Middle
- Marlee Meekins, Secretary- Stuart Middle
- Danielle Karam Buxtom, Secretary- Jensen Beach High
- Migdalia Torres, Secretary- Martin County High
- Rochelle Thomson, Secretary- South Fork High
- Jill Ellen Figgiani, Behavior Technician- Spectrum Academy
- Donis Ariel Pena, Paraprofessional- Hope Center for Autism
- Shana Lozinak, Paraprofessional ESE- Riverbend Academy
- Janine McColley, Human Resource Specialist- Human Resource
- Brian Martin, Mason #3- Maintenance Department
- Tina Jensen, FNS Field Supervisor- Food & Nutrition Services*
- Misty Vazquez, Associate Classroom Manager- Head Start/Stuart Learning Center
- Shamantee Waithe, Paraprofessional ESE- Willoughby Learning Center
*Denotes overall 2022-2023 School-Related Employee of the Year award winner.
Kaitlyn Lunt, a Paraprofessional at Jensen Beach Elementary was awarded the Mary J. Brogan Scholarship.
Watch a recap of the 22-23 School-Related Employee of the Year Awards Ceremony: