Meal Application Information

About Meal Applications Banner

It's More Than A Meal Application

Martin County School District asks that all families complete our meal application to ensure continued funding to support Martin County students.

Approved applications:

  • Increase funding to support students' access to top-notch education

  • Free or reduced price for nutritious and balanced school meals

  • Discounts for fees associated with college application processes and discount fees for SAT, ACT, and AP tests

  • Additional funding for internet and wireless access

  • Easier access and more opportunities to gifted programming

Meal Application Q&A

How do I apply for free or reduced price meals?

You may request a paper application from the cafeteria manager or fill out an application online at

May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. Citizen?

Yes. You or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply for free or reduced price meals.

What if I have a foster child, migrant student, Headstart or homeless student living with me? 

Mark that option on the F/R application. Additional documentation may be required. Contact us for further instructions.

Do we submit a Free/Reduced price application if we receive SNAP (Food stamps), TANF, or Medicaid?

Only if, you do not receive a pre-approved eligibility letter from us. Contact us if one of your children is not listed on the letter.

If one of my children is on Medicaid but the rest are not, do I include this child on the F/R application?

Yes, include all students in the home. If you received a pre-approved letter, contact our Food and Nutrition Services Department at 772-223-2655 so we may include all of your other children.

What else do I need to know?

Only 1 application per household is necessary.

Applications must be submitted every year unless family has received a letter of approval for that school year.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online, at https://www. Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.